Medical volunteers with extensive teaching experience can apply to participate in our Visiting Educator program.
ReSurge delivers hands-on training to medical professionals in the countries we serve. The goal of the Visiting Educator program is to educate developing-world physicians, nurses and physical therapists in an effort to build local capacity and create long-term, sustainable surgical care.
Visiting Educators tailor their programs to fit the needs of our overseas partners, and track partner progress for a full range of reconstructive surgical procedures, as well as for anesthesia, nursing and physical therapy.
Our Visiting Educator Trips are small teams, usually one to four people, with a trip duration of 1 to 1.5 weeks. For more information, see these Frequently Asked Questions.
The first step to becoming a ReSurge Visiting Educator is the credentialing process. If you have extensive medical teaching experience, please apply here.
- AUG 10-19 . Maputo, Mozambique . General reconstructive surgery
- SEPT 18-20 . Havana, Cuba . Microsurgery site evaluation
- OCT 20-27 . Hue, Vietnam . Craniofacial surgery
- OCT 27- NOV 4 . Harare, Zimbabwe . General reconstructive surgery
- NOV 17-23 . Kathmandu, Nepal . Hand surgery
- DEC 7- 14 . Hanoi, Vietnam . Hand surgery
- DEC 14-16 . Mumbai, India . Burn survivors camp
- JAN 19-26 . Guayaquil, Ecuador . General reconstructive surgery
- JAN 19-30 . Thimpu, Bhutan . Burn
- JAN TBD . Kathmandu, Nepal . Hand/microsurgery
- JAN TBD . Hanoi, Vietnam . TBD
- JAN TBD . Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam . Microtia
- JAN TBD . Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam . Anesthesia
- MAR TBD . Kathmandu, Nepal . Microsurgery
- APR 7-13 . Hue, Vietnam . Microsurgery
- APR 13-21 . Harare, Zimbabwe . General reconstructive surgery
- APR16-22 . Guayaquil, Ecuador . Microtia
- JUN 21-JUL 3 . Thimpu, Bhutan . Hand surgery
- TBD . Havana, Cuba . Microsurgery
- TBD . Maputo, Mozambique . Anesthesia/PALS